Tuesday 26 October 2010

Writing a New Score

My friend, Richie Babel, seems to be well and truly back to being his cocky little frontman self again but that's not the Richie that inspired this song.
This song was written from the perspective of the more pessimistic, downbeat Richie, when his band wouldn't let him sing or use his songs and he would say things like -
The other side of this though is that I now fing that when I'm writing something, I'm more likely to abandon it and discard it as another cliché, i.e. "you've been there and done that a thousand times ...".

And I find myself playing the chord that sounds best, looking for the next part of the progression and thinking "well, yeah, that's OK, but it's a bit obvious isn't it"

And my personal favourite :-D -
...you're mostly left with 1-4-5 and sometimes the minor second and a bloke that can't sing to save his life.
The same certainly goes for the entire album I wrote.
So here it is, "Writing a New Score", the first recording of the new guitar as well. hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I got a mention in your blog! No wonder I'm cocky; I'm famous!

    ReplyDelete